Jiangsu University (UJS) is a key comprehensive university under the control of Jiangsu Province. It has the same origin with Nanjing University and Southeast University, whose history can be traced back to the Sanjiang Normal College in 1902. Located in the beautiful tourist city-Zhenjiang, UJS ranks among the top 100 universities in China,
Currently, the university covers an area of 501.6 acres and registers 42,000 students, including 7,200 graduates and 200 international students. There are 24 colleges, 83 undergraduate programs, involving Engineering, Science, Medicine, Art, Economics, Law, Management, Pedagogy and History etc 9 disciplines.
Since the beginning of this century, School of Clinical Medicine has undertaken rapid development. It is made up of a Research Center, a Teaching Experimental Center and 8 departments. The 9 affiliated hospitals undertaking clinical teaching and internship are spread in Jiangsu Province, Shanghai and other cities.
It sets 11 provincial key disciplines and 5 national key construction disciplines including Cardiology, Hematology, Thoracic Surgery, Nursing, and Chinese Traditional Medicine. The Clinical Medicine is a provincial-level featured discipline and has been established for nearly 80 years. Till now, School of Clinical Medicine has cultivated over 30,000 bachelor degree students and 500 master degree students (including about 100 foreign students).
Moreover, School of Clinical Medicine has excellent teaching staff and facilities. Currently there are over 300 professors and associate professors, 6 PhD supervisors and 128 master’s supervisors. Excellent clinical teaching facilities also exist in the affiliated teaching institutions and hospitals.
In the recent five years, the teachers of the school have implemented over 50 research projects at national, ministry, or provincial levels. In addition, it has published over 10 academic works and quality textbooks, over 50 academic papers have been published in SCI.
The school also has successfully and efficiently conducted research and academic exchanges with University of Montreal, Canada, the medical school of the University of Hong Kong, and other institutions. In the past few years, the employment rates of the students graduated are above 97% and the employers, winning high praise.
MBBS program was started in 2005 and two batches of the students have graduated from the school obtaining their diploma and graduate certificate. Each year about 90 international students from India, Africa, Canada and Pakistan etc 16 countries come to study MBBS. In 2011, the MOE formally declared UJS as the qualified university to offer MBBS program in English.
UJS is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
The curriculum planning shall include the following three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses, including an overview of China's culture, Chinese language, Chinese medical terminology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, physical education, etc. It is required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
The duration of internship is one year (at least 48 weeks). Students can choose to do the internship/training in China, their home country or any other country. During the internship period, the tuition fee is still RMB 22,000 per year. And, students need to pass HSK 6 before internship. For more detail, please visit the Internship and Career.
Application Fee: RMB 400
Registration Fee: RMB 100
Tuition Fee: 26000 RMB for one year
Resident Permit: RMB 400 for one year
Medical Insurance: RMB 600 for one year
Physical Examination: RMB 400 Accommodation: 4900 RMB /10 months
Bedding Fee: RMB 400
Deposit Fee: RMB 500
Books fee: Around RMB 1000
Visa Fee: RMB 1000 (400RMB for a year)
Cost of Living: 600-1,500 RMB/month
In Total: RMB 43000 – 53000 RMB/year
Jiangsu Province Government Jasmine Scholarship
MBBS Degree: On completing the requirements of the teaching program and passing the graduation examinations successfully, international medical undergraduates will be granted a graduation certificate and conferred a medical degree by the UJS, if they meet the degree regulations of the university. The English copy of the degree will state MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
Internship and Career
The internship lasts for 1 year (at least 48 weeks). Students can choose to do it in China, their home country or any other country. During the internship period, the tuition fee is still RMB 22,000 per year.
If students do internship in China, they must pass the HSK 6 and the university will help arrange the internship in the affiliated hospitals, mainly in Jiangsu University Affiliated Hospital and Zhenjiang First People's Hospital. They can choose to live in the school dormitory or rent a house near the hospitals, while an agreement is necessary between the student and university.
Jiangsu University has 9 affiliated hospitals spreading in Jiangsu Province, Shanghai and other cities. Among them, Jiangsu University Affiliated Hospital is founded in 1936, is the largest and advanced comprehensive hospital in Zhenjiang. It is of the top level in China with 1000 beds open to patients. And the Zhenjiang First People's Hospital is founded in 1922, formerly a American Christian hospital. Now it has evolved into a multi-functional hospital of first class. It has 1000 beds and 1.3million outpatients per year.
After the internship, students have to take the final examination on Theory Test and Clinical Evaluation in UJS before graduation and there’s no requirement on HSK level for the diploma and certificate.
After obtaining MBBS Degree, the graduates can apply to take the medical licensing examination in the medical council in order to get registered and practice medicine. According to the regulations in different countries, the students may need to do the degree accreditation first. A MBBS degree holder can find jobs in government as well as private hospitals, nursing homes and other health facilities. Except this, one can also start his own clinic or pursue study for master's degree.
Application Requirements and Materials
1. Be in good health condition, which accords ith the Health Standard for International Students stipulated by the China Education Department;
2. Have senior high school diploma and good academic record;
3. Have basic English language ability;
4. Have good moral character and obey the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and regulations of the university. Respect Chinese social customs and habits.
1. High school academic transcript
2. High school graduate certificate
3. Family Finance Support
4. Photocopy of valid passport
5. Passport photo
6. English proficiency test certificate
How to Apply
CUCAS provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China's universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
Online Application Procedures
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click 'Apply Now' button on this page and login, if didn't have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you're not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university's admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
CUCAS offers five types of payment methods. Please carefully select your preferred payment method and to make the payment.
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by CUCAS. To submit your application, please access My CUCAS-> My Applications by logging in CUCAS, click 'Continue' at 'Application Status' column, and go to the 'Submit Application' section. You will see a big 'Submit' button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you've submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, CUCAS will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your CUCAS account.
Offline Application Procedures
The steps for 'Apply via Email' are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and CUCAS Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from CUCAS within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com