Beihua University (BEIHUA) is a provincial comprehensive university with the most extensive scope in Jilin Province. It is situated in the Rime Metropolis and Charming City --- Jilin, which is known as best ski resorts and ideal place for winter sports. Developing from 1906 and through the merger of three colleges in 1999, now BEIHUA has become a top-ranking university owning four campuses, which totally occupy an area of 1,263,700 square meters with a floor space up to 830,300square meters.
Currently, the University has a total enrollment of 22,448 students, including 19,958 undergraduate students, 1,011 graduates and 500 international students from over 50 countries. In its 31 academic colleges, there are 71 undergraduate specialties and 56 Master's programs.
Beihua University Faculty of Medicine, whose predecessor was set in 1949, is made up of 7 colleges and a Center of Life Science Research. There are also 4 major hospitals and 42 practice bases with over 10000 beds. The number of teaching and administrative staff has reached 1345, and among the 426 full-time teachers, about 100 are professors or associate professors. The college recruits more than 4,000 students including 240 international students in clinical medicine program. They mainly come from the USA, Canada, Australia, Qatar, Saudi Arab, Pakistan etc.
Faculty of Medicine hosts 2 laboratories co-built by the central government and Jilin Province, 2 Experimental Teaching Demonstration Centers, 9 key labs of Jilin Department of Health. Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics, Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Medicine, and Clinical Laboratory are all key disciplines in Jilin Province. The MBBS program taught in English in Beihua University is approved by the MOE of China. Annually, there are 60 seats for candidates.
Beihua University is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
The university has taken the internationalization development and academic exchange with universities domestic and abroad. It established long-term sister university relationships with over 21 universities in America. Britain, Japan, South Korea, Russia United, Arab Emirates, Malaysia etc. In the campus, foreign teachers and pure halal food are all available.
The program combines course study and internship. The curriculum planning shall include the following three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses. In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
First Year: Epidemiology, Medical Terminology, Systemic Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Cellular Biology, Regional Anatomy, Health Statistics, Chinese Language;
Second Year: Physiolgy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology, Pathology, Parasitology;
Third Year: Pharmacology, Community Medicine, Diagnostics, Radiology, Forensic Medicine, Psychology, Emergency Medicine;
Fourth Year: Surgery Medicine, Ophthalmology, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Pediatrics, ENT, Dermatology, Infectious Disease.
The internship will be arranged in the last year and the duration is one year (at least 48 weeks). See more details in Internship and Career.
Tuition Fee: 20,000 RMB /year Accommodation Fee: 20RMB/day/person(Double Room)
Accommodation Deposit: RMB 500
Registration fee: RMB 400
Application Fee: USD 65
Meal: 20 RMB /day, 500 RMB/month
Approximately Pocket money: 4000 RMB per year
Books fee: 600RMB per year
Insurance fee: 75USD (optional),
Residential Permit Fee: 200RMB.
In Total: 43,350 RMB/year
Notes: The University provides free airport pick-up service for international students from Jilin Railway Station or Changchun Longjia International Airport.
MBBS degree: On completing the requirements of the teaching program and passing the graduation examinations successfully, international medical undergraduates will be granted a graduation certificate and conferred a medical degree by Beihua University, if they meet the degree regulations of the university. The English copy of the degree will state MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
Internship and Career
The internship will be arranged in the last year and the duration is one year (at least 48 weeks).
Faculty of Medicine has 4 teaching hospitals, 42 practice bases with 10,000 hospital beds. The annual academic hours amount to 12,000 and annual practice doctors amount to 800. The affiliated hospital of Beihua University covers 54,000 square meters. The hospital can accommodate 738 beds with 300,000 outpatients and 13,000 inpatients annually. It is a large hospital of top grade with perfect department system, responsible staff structure, advanced medical technology and precise medical equipment. The hospital has 174 High ranked professional staffs, 270 mid-ranked medical staff and 107 professionals with doctoral and master‘s degrees.
After obtaining MBBS Degree, the graduates can apply to take the medical licensing examination in the medical council in order to get registered and practice medicine. According to the regulations in different countries, the students may need to do the degree accreditation first. A MBBS degree holder can find jobs in government as well as private hospitals, nursing homes and other health facilities. Except this, one can also start his own clinic or pursue study for master's degree.
Application Requirements and Materials
Students holding the diploma of senior high school with a good command of English
1. Health certificate (You can download a template or sample from here.)
2. Photocopy of valid passport
3. Passport photo
4. High school academic transcript
5. High school graduate certificate
6. English proficiency test certificate
How to Apply
CUCAS provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China's universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
Online Application Procedures
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click 'Apply Now' button on this page and login, if didn't have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you're not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university's admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
CUCAS offers five types of payment methods. Please carefully select your preferred payment method and to make the payment.
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by CUCAS. To submit your application, please access My CUCAS-> My Applications by logging in CUCAS, click 'Continue' at 'Application Status' column, and go to the 'Submit Application' section. You will see a big 'Submit' button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you've submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, CUCAS will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your CUCAS account.
Offline Application Procedures
The steps for 'Apply via Email' are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and CUCAS Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from CUCAS within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: firstname.lastname@example.org