Founded in 1946 as a medical college, Liaoning Medical University (LMU) has developed into a comprehensive university with medicine as its key discipline. It is located in the coastal city of Jinzhou in Liaoning Province, five hours east of Beijing.
The campus covers 1,140,000 square meters and lies in the north of the city. Six kinds of education are offered in LMU: general high education, state-owned privately run education, adult education, vocational education, online education and international students` education.
The university enrolls undergraduate, graduate and master as well as postgraduate students. There are 16 teaching departments, 98 teaching offices, 56 teaching laboratories, 8 affiliated comprehensive hospitals and 169 bases for teaching and practice.
Among the faculty members there are 823 full-time teachers, 74 of whom have been granted a doctoral degree, 533 associate professors and 219 professors and chief doctors. The university`s library has an advanced electronic reading room and has access to the retrieval system for medical documents from the American MEDLINE and the Chinese Medical Institute.
The total number of students has amounted to 13,806 of which 190 are international students, all of whom are currently studying in the undergraduate program taught in English. Furthermore, the university is actively involved in international academic exchange activities with universities abroad, such as the University of Glasgow and regularly exchanges scholars and specialists to give lectures. About 120 teachers have been sent to more than 20 countries to study and involve in research.
Once admitted, students are required to pay $1000 as the admission deposit. Only US dollar can be accepted.
The curriculum planning shall include the following three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses. In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
Human Anatomy, Histology & Embryology, Medical Psychology, Cell Biology, Microbiology & Parasitology, Immunology, Pathology, Medical Genetics, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Epidemiology, MedicalImageology, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases etc. View the Syllabus for MBBS Program.xls (it may be revised in the teaching process).
The internship is arranged in the sixth year and students will do it in China. ZZU would help student choose a hospital from the 9 affiliated hospitals. And, students have to take the final examination on Theory Test and Clinical Evaluation before Graduation.
Tuition Fee: RMB 28,000 per year
Accommodation Fee: 2,500 RMB / semester or 5,000 RMB / year for double room
Registration Fee: RMB 800
Residence Permit Application Fee: RMB800 per year
Books Fee RMB 800 per year
Internet Access Fee: RMB 30 per month
Bedding Fees: 500 RMB (80USD)
Dormitory Deposit: 400RMB (65USD)
Cost of Living: 700-1,000 RMB / month In Total: 45,060-48,660 RMB / year
MBBS Degree: On completing the requirements of the teaching program and passing the graduation examinations successfully, international medical undergraduates will be granted a graduation certificate and conferred a medical degree by the host institution, if they meet the degree regulations of the host institution. The English copy of the degree will state MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
Internship and Career
The internship is arranged in the sixth year and lasts for 1 year (at least 48 weeks). Students can choose to do it in China, their home country or any other country. Generally, the internship is arranged in the First Affiliated Hospital of LMU, which is a large and morden hospital with 56 years of history. It has 910 beds and 1820 staff in the hospital accepting 15,000 inpatients per year. Among the staff, there are 127 experts in cluding postdoctoral, doctoral, master and homecoming scholars, and 378 senior professional technology personnel. It also has advanced facilities and equipment. DSA, spiral CT, 1.5 T superconducting magnetic resonance (NMR), CR camera, tumor rf treat instrument, electronic llinac etc
There’s no requirement on the HSK level to attend internship in China, but students need to be able to communicate with patients simply.
After obtaining MBBS degree, the graduates can apply to take the medical licensing examination in the medical council in order to get registered and practice medicine. According to the regulations in different countries, the students may need to do the degree accreditation first. A MBBS degree holder can find jobs in government as well as private hospitals, nursing homes and other health facilities. Except this, one can also start his own clinic or pursue study for master's degree. The MBBS graduates of LMU who have taken the medical licensing examinations have a high passing rate.
Application Requirements and Materials
1. 18 to 30 years old;
2. Healthy and NO-criminal record;
3. Grade 12 and pass entrance examinations of LMU;
4. Meet either of the following rquired remarks mathematics&physics&chemistry:
A. IGCES: LevelD B. No IGCES: mathematics&physics&chemistry>=60%
5. Meet either of the following rquired remarks of English(For non-English speaking candidates choosing to study medicine in English medium);
A. IGCES: LevelC B. IELTS: 5.0 or pass LMU's interview
6. Seniro high school degree.
1. Photocopy of the first seven pages of passport
2. Passport photo
3. Academic transcript of highest education
4. Graduation certificate/ Diploma of highest education
5. Resume (You can download a template or sample from here.)
How to Apply
CUCAS provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China's universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
Online Application Procedures
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click 'Apply Now' button on this page and login, if didn't have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you're not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university's admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
CUCAS offers five types of payment methods. Please carefully select your preferred payment method and to make the payment.
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by CUCAS. To submit your application, please access My CUCAS-> My Applications by logging in CUCAS, click 'Continue' at 'Application Status' column, and go to the 'Submit Application' section. You will see a big 'Submit' button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you've submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, CUCAS will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your CUCAS account.
Offline Application Procedures
The steps for 'Apply via Email' are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and CUCAS Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from CUCAS within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com