The admission principle in this university is according to the quota. If it is full, the application system will be closed. So please contact with CUCAS before you apply the program in this university.
Founded in 1947 as Guandong Medical College, Dalian Medical University (DLMEDU) has developed into a multi-disciplinary medical university located in the coastal city-Dalian. As the biggest harbor city in Northeast China region, Dalian is an important international shipping center, logistics center and financial center in Northeast Asia. Owning excellent environment and temperate climate, Dalian was firstly listed as the “Best Tourist Cities” of China. In 2009, it was recognized by UNEP and awarded the highest prize of international garden city by IFPRA.
DLMEDU is the largest medical university in China which enrolls the most international students, as much as 1300 from 82 countries in degree programs. It occupies an area of 373 acres with building area of 94 acres and contains 22 teaching and scientific research institutions, 5 supplementary teaching organizations, 1 branch college, 1 affiliated medical school, 9 affiliated hospitals (2 are directly affiliated hospitals), over 100 teaching bases, 1 state level International Scitech Cooperation base, 1 ministerial level research institution, 1 ministerial level lab, 10 provincial level key labs, 1 provincial level engineering technology research center and 6 provincial key labs for universities.
The university has a staff team of 4500, including 580 professor, 660 associate professors and 910 Doctoral. and master tutors. The number of students has reached up to 12,800, including 1300 international degree students. In 2011, 246 international students are admitted to take the Bachelor’s degree programs taught in English or Chinese, which covers Clinical Medicine, Oral Medicine, and Nursing. Clinical Medicine is the earliest established discipline in DLMEDU with solid foundation and strong academic strength.
The MBBS program for international students in DLMEDU was set in 2004 and in 2007 the MOE declared it as the qualified university to offer English-taught MBBS program. The program is open in each spring and autumn, with the same duration and tuition fee. Besides, it can be taught in English and Japanese upon students’ choice. According to the framework agreement on degree accreditation between MOE of China and other countries, the degree awarded by DLMEDU is recognized in 31 countries. In addition, the university also signed agreements with medical associations in Thailand, Ghana, Sri Lanka.
The university has carried out the exchange and cooperation in domestic and abroad widely. Till now, it has established cooperative relationships with University of Sao Paulo Medical School in Brazil, The University of Adelaide in Australia, the Ohio State University in USA, the University of Groningen in Holland, University of Toyama in Japan, University of Oslo in Norway, BaFuLuoFu State Medicine University in Russia, Dnepropetrovsk National University in Ukraine etc 99 universities or scientific institutions in 38 countries and regions.
DLMEDU is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
There are two options, students participated in this program can choose either of them:
1. 7 years clinical medicine towards master degree -- 5 years' bachelor program + 2 years' master program
2. 6 years -- bachelor program
Below is the introduction to 6 years' program. The detailed curriculum of 7 years' program is made by the university.
The curriculum planning shall include the following three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses, including an overview of China's culture, Chinese language, Chinese medical terminology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, physical education, etc. It is required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
Histology & Embryology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Microbiology, Immunology, Pathology, Pathophysiology, Topography, Medical Statistics, Epidemiology, Hygiene, Pharmacology, Clinical Diagnostics, Ultrasound, Medical Imageology, Internal Medicine, Neurology & Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Dermatology, Stomatology, Clinical Psychology, Pediatrics etc.
The internship starts from the last year with duration of one year (at least 48 weeks). Students can choose to do it in China, their home country or any other country. The tuition fee for the internship year is RMB 35,000.
The Dalian Municipal Government provides scholarship of RMB 8,000 per year for each MBBS student. The former tuition fee for MBBS program is RMB 40,000 per year, while now students only need to pay RMB 35,000 per year.
MBBS Degree: Upon graduation, there is no requirement on HSK Level for students to get the diploma. On completing the requirements of the teaching program and passing the graduation examinations successfully, international medical undergraduates will be granted a graduation certificate and conferred a medical degree by the DLMEDU, if they meet the degree regulations of the university. The English copy of the degree will state MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
Internship and Career
The internship starts from the last year with duration of 1 year (at least 48 weeks). Students can choose to do it in China, their home country or any other country. The tuition for the internship year is still RMB 35,000 per year. When doing internship in China, students can live in campus or rent house by themselves.
If students choose to do internship in China, there's no requirement on HSK Level, but the university will provide Chinese tutoring and organize Chinese Language Test to assure their language ability. The internship will be taken in the two affiliated hospitals of DLMEDU, which are provincial hospitals of Class A, Grade III, with a total of 3,000 beds and 118 clinical teaching bases. Both of them are up to leading domestic level in MDCT coronary artery imaging, Catheter ablation of af in treatment, Combine traditional Chinese and western medicine treatment of acute abdominal pain etc.
However, if students want to do the internship in other country, DLMEDU need to do an qualification evaluation on the chosen hospital.
After obtaining MBBS Degree, the graduates can apply to take the medical licensing examination in the medical council in order to get registered and practice medicine. According to the regulations in different countries, the students may need to do the degree accreditation first. A MBBS degree holder can find jobs in government as well as private hospitals, nursing homes and other health facilities. Except this, one can also start his own clinic or pursue study for master's degree.
Application Requirements and Materials
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
2. Healthy, above the age of 18 and under the age of 25.d
3. Have attained a senior high school diploma with good marks.
4. Have solid financial support to afford the study and living expenses in China.
5. Note: chemistry, physics, biology, English are compulsory subjects, maths is a reference subject for admission evaluation.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
2. Passport photo
3. High school academic transcript
4. High school graduate certificate
5. English proficiency test certificate
How to Apply
CUCAS provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China's universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
Online Application Procedures
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click 'Apply Now' button on this page and login, if didn't have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you're not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university's admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
CUCAS offers five types of payment methods. Please carefully select your preferred payment method and to make the payment.
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by CUCAS. To submit your application, please access My CUCAS-> My Applications by logging in CUCAS, click 'Continue' at 'Application Status' column, and go to the 'Submit Application' section. You will see a big 'Submit' button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you've submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, CUCAS will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your CUCAS account.
Offline Application Procedures
The steps for 'Apply via Email' are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and CUCAS Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from CUCAS within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com