Categories: Study MBBS Time: 2012-01-07by: CUCASChina is fast becoming the most favored destination for studying MBBS in Asia. Every year, more than 10000 international students come to China to study Medicine. Most of them undertake an English-medium MBBS program.
Why? It is believed that the following are the reasons:
1. Graduate with a worldwide recognized degree. Many of the China's medical universities find a place in the World Health Organization (WHO)'s "Directory of World Medical Schools". This listing means the graduated students are eligible to appear for many of the screening tests such as the USMLE, PLAB and also the newly introduced "Screening examination" conducted by the Medical Council of India.
2. China's higher education in Medicine is advanced and on par with western countries. China's medical universities are ranked among the top 500 universities in the world and highly reputed for being at the forefront of the field of modern medicine. Moreover, English-medium MBBS programs have been taught for years, and there are now lots of graduates doing a good job in China or their own country.
3. Tuition and living costs in China are considerably lower compared with those in Europe or America.
4. As more and more foreigners come to China for higher education, Chinese universities are becoming increasingly international. When you study in China, you are likely to find yourself meeting students from all over the world. Many countries are represented on the campus and each student makes a unique contribution to the life of the institution.
5. There are more chances for foreign students to develop their abilities with an increasingly opened Chinese society, both academically and culturally. The medical market of China is developing at a rapid speed and becoming one of the largest medical markets in the world.
6. Enjoying a peaceful and beautiful environment on campus and experiencing the magnificent Chinese culture are attractive for international students. Universities organize special activities for international students to introduce them to Chinese culture and help them settle in to life in China. Foreign students are also welcome to participate in all kinds of extra-curricular activities, from sports to music and art. In those activities, international students can experience not only the cultural history of China but also the spirit of a new generation in China.
7. China has adopted the overseas curriculum and many text books are taken from India, USA and UK. After doing mbbs in China students are eligible to practice in USA, UK and Europe. Some colleges have good cooperative relation with other countries’ universities such as Japan, USA, Canada, France, England etc. Most of the MBBS colleges and universities provide excellent hostel facilities with mess.